Saturday, October 22, 2011

ER


We have made a few trips to the ER this last month! It all started when Lachlynn was playing with batteries. She came into my room and told me that she swallowed a battery. She had been playing with a tiny button cell battery and put it in her mouth! I thought we were way past the stage of putting everything in her mouth. Well we called poison control and they told us to get to the hospital asap! We got there and they took an x-ray and sure enough there was the little battery sitting in her belly. Swallowing batteries is pretty dangerous and so they were going to do surgery to get it out. We stayed at the hospital for hours while they monitored her. They wanted to make sure that the battery was moving along her GI track. After a while they decided to send us home to wait for the battery to pass. That meant I was to swift through all of her poo to make sure I saw it. If the battery didn't come out in 2 days they would do surgery to get it out because the battery acids would burn her intestines. The night before we were going to have surgery we found it! Thank goodness for answered prayers!

Then just the other day Lachlynn woke up with horrible wheezing. All day when she would breath her little chest would heave. So that night I took her to insta care and they looked at her breathing and took her right back to start breathing treatments. They gave her two dosages of steroids and one steroid breathing treatment. They took an x-ray and then they told us to head to primary children's. We got there about 11:30 at night and they gave her two more steroid breathing treatments and then wanted to monitor for a few more hours. It was so sad! but they were so good to her at primary's. Her little chest stopped heaving and she was able to sleep. They said that she had a bad case of croup. They finally released her at 3:30 am. All this happened in the last few weeks! It's been crazy, but I am glad she is battery free and breathing better!

2 comments:

PrincessJulia said...

I am so sorry that things have been so crazy for you lately. I hope Lachlynn is feeling better. Mackenzie has been reminding us to include Lachlynn specifically in our evening prayers. She hopes her friend gets well soon.

Lynnette said...

I am so glad she is OK! That is lucky that she told you that she swallowed that battery! I'm glad she is doing better and hopefully no more trips to the ER!