Thursday, September 22, 2011

Victoria Faye Sheppard

Well there is so much to share...
We woke up bright and early on friday and headed to the hospital to be induced. I was really nervous for the whole experience because Lachlynn's labor and birth were so horrible and scary. To my surprise it went so smoothly! They started my induction around 10 am and I labored till 6 And then got my epidural. There was a time that my dilation was at a stand still. I had dilated to a 6 and then just was not making a lot of progress. I was getting frustrated and worried. So I asked J.D. for a blessing and in the blessing he asked that my body would respond to the medication and dilate faster. I wanted my mom in the room for the delivery and so she was there the whole time with us at the hospital. Thinking we had more time till baby came, my mom left and got something to eat. Well it wasn't 20 minutes after the blessing that the dr came in to check me and said I was complete and ready to push! We were shocked!! The answer to that prayer was so fast! We tried to find my mom, but couldn't and she had left her phone in the room so she didn't have it with her. Well I pushed for about 10 minutes and she was born! My mom walked into the room literally seconds after she was born. We were all surprised that I went from being a 6 to having a baby in about 30 minutes! How grateful I am for a Heavenly Father who loves us and knows us personally.






Getting her first bath

Lachlynn got some presents that day at the hospital for becoming a big sister. We told her that this was victoria's birthday and she kept asking if we were going to have cake to eat. So on the way to the hospital my mom bought a small cake and everyone sang happy birthday to Vitoria and ate cake.

Lachlynn helping daddy feed baby.

This was Lachlynn's first time seeing and holding her new sister. It was so cute she was smiling from ear to ear. She loves her.

Our first family picture!

We are happy to have little Victoria in our family!

10 comments:

David and Heather said...

I'm so glad Victoria is here! And I'm happy that this delivery went better than the first! You have a beautiful family. And I love Lachlynn's face is these pictures, she is already loving being a big sister. I can't wait to meet your baby girl!

McRachie said...

Congratulations guys! Everyone looks healthy and happy!

The Stone's said...

I LOVE IT! Especially Lachlynn's face! You will love 2 little princesses! I remember when Pais was born the first time she really opened her eyes was when Sawyer held her! So happy for you guys! She is precious!

Lynnette said...

She's beautiful! Congratulations on your growing family.

PrincessJulia said...

Congrats! Thanks for sharing it has given me hope that all will go well. I hope you are having a wonderful time with your new little family.

Cheyenne and Seth and Co. said...

I love you so much!! And I love your whole family. So happy that Lachy has a sister. Sisters are so great!! Glad you're mine.

Laura said...

SO happy everything went so well and she is beautiful and healthy! Congrats!!

Kait said...

So happy for you and your cute family! Victoria is so beautiful!

ScottandTia said...

so cute!!! congratulations!

Jamie said...

I LOVE the picture of Lachlynn with the strawberry. That face is priceless! And Victoria is beautiful! Congratulations!!