Thursday, April 26, 2012

"Dearest children"

Every night I sing primary songs before the girls go to bed. I try to learn new ones to sing and ever since Victoria came a long I have been singing "Dearest children, God is near you". It has become a family favorite, we sing it about everyone in the family, for example... "Dearest Lachlynn God is near you". Every time I sing it to Victoria she will stop whatever she is doing and will smile ear to ear. Here are the words... Dearest children, God is near you, Watching o'er you day and night, And delights to own and bless you, If you strive to do what's right. He will bless you, He will bless you, If you put your trust in him. The other night we were singing the song and Lachlynn asked me what "he will bless you" meant. I told her that Heavenly Father loves you very much and wants to help you. She said "like the time I swallowed the battery?" I said exactly, we said a prayer that the battery would come out and that you wouldn't have to have surgery, and Heavenly Father helped the batter to come out. It was such a neat experience to sit down and teach my little girl that Heavenly Father is real and that he wants to "Help" us. It was a good reminder to myself that our Heavenly Father is aware of us and loves us very much. I love this little song and the truthfulness of it. P.S. I love this picture, they are good little sisters!

7 comments:

PrincessJulia said...

That is awesome. I will have to try that song with the kids. Mackenzie and Hyrum love "I am a Child of God". Hope all is well!

Tanya said...

that is so cute Cam! i need to learn some new ones, but that one sounds so so good. maybe i'll have to learn the words and adopt it into night routines. you're a good mommy.

The Stone's said...

So sweet Cam! We may need to add that song to our bedtime regiman. I love you! Let's play soon!

David and Heather said...

Cute picture, I thought she was holding a baby doll until I realized it was Victoria! Victoria is a real-life baby doll! That is a precious song by the way!

Laura said...

So sorry to hear about JD's job! Any updates?! Cute cute girls!

Jess said...

So we're always going around saying "Come on best friend, it's not so bad..." It just cracks me up. Lachlynn is just too cute. Miss you guys. I hope things are looking better for you! I know that Heavenly Father is taking care you guys!

Cheyenne and Seth and Co. said...

Love you!! And I love that you sing that song to them, I need to be reminded of that very same thing. Often. And your girls are so cute and fun. As always I'm so glad that you're my sister. Really, truly.